Saturday, October 11, 2008

Update: Still cooking....

Well, we made it to the weekend without a hospital run (so far!), as it seems that our little guy is VERY content just chillen in the womb. In fact, he's been pretty content in there for the last two plus weeks. Guess this is a very planned and coordinated tactical statement from the bug that we are on HIS schedule. I hope this is not a precursor of who will be in charge of the family down the road....

Erika had her last day of work Friday, and we are hoping that the release of work-related stress will help move things along a little quicker. If this doesn't work, I'm afraid Erika might resort to drastic measures - has anyone ever induced labor by chugging a bottle of Castor oil? If that won't work, the other end result can't be good!?!?

Erika and I almost have a baby nursery put together; still needs a bit of work (especially since we cannot paint the walls), but I am liking the outcome. As you can see we decided on a baseball/Seattle Mariners theme, at least as much stuff as we could muster up. We found a few little Mariners hats, baseballs, and some friends gave us a cool blanket and some memorabilia (all about the Ichiro bobblehead). If I ever can find a few good posters, those will go up on the walls to drown out the dull whiteness in there. Some pics for anyone who cares (mom, that's you):
Stay tuned for another boring installment of Baby Watch 2008 in a few days - unless of course we can post the big news. (I believe this is called a "tease" in the industry)

AZN

2 comments:

The Roundy's said...

Love the room it looks great!!

Jenni said...

Ahhh your baby's crib got attacked by a giant baseball! LOL No seriously your nursury looks sooooo good! I love the navy/blue and white everywhere with the splashes of red. You will be spending a lot of time in there, so it is great that you've made it so cute and comfy. I'm envious of your glider.

Can't wait to see a blog with baby pics!!! (as I'm sure you can't wait either).

By the way erika thank you for the VS lotions!! Oh my gosh I have to say those are the best smelling lotions from VS I have smelled yet. Those are a new scent? Good job on picking that one. I'll be using those daily thank you.